This course provides an overview of the technology that is popular with children and young people, and provides practical strategies for ensuring online safety
Technology is such a major factor of modern life. Children and young people are increasingly engaged in using the internet and spend lots of time living in a virtual world. This course will help you to understand:
- Internet safety - what it is, why it matters and your responsibility when supporting children and young people
- Online risks - and strategies to minimise them
- Technology overview - what are young people using and what are the dangers and monitoring options
- Image and perceptions - reality versus the virtual world
- Privacy - building trust and respecting young people
- Professional conduct online and safeguarding for adults
Who is this course for?
This entry level course is suited to anyone who works or volunteers with, children, young people and families or parents/carers who would like to develop their knowledge of how to keep young people safe online.
This course is taught by two highly experienced tutors. Group sizes are kept small to make sure that all learners have the opportunity to ask questions and get the most possible from the course.
Learners will also receive a certificate of attendance.
Booking a course
To book a single place on a course, take a look at our upcoming course dates:
If you are interested in booking BrightSparks to deliver a course for your organisation, please get in touch to see how we can create customised training for your needs.
Find out more about keeping children and young people safe online
Take a look at our blog for tips and information about keeping children and young people safe online, testimonials from our learners and more.